Looking for a photo printer, today we check out a selection of the best photo printers you can use with your phone
Recently, more and more people are looking to avoid the lines at their local stores to print out their photographs.
They’re looking for an easier way to print their photos within the comfort of their own homes. Luckily, there are photo printers that can connect right to your smartphone, here is a list of the best photo printers for phone users.
There are a ton of brands of smartphone printers, but how can you choose just one? To help you decide which printer is the best for you, here is a list of the best photo printers:
In a hurry?
Don’t have time to read the whole article, we have you covered. Two of the best photo printers stand out from the rest:
Canon Selphy CP1300 Phone Printer – Get the latest price here
Kodak Photo Printer Dock – Get the latest price here
Best Photo Printers for Portability
- HP Sprocket Photo Printer
- Polaroid Mint
- Kodak Mini 2 Instant Photo Printer
Best Photo Printers for Low Cost
- Prynt Pocket
Best Photo Printers Overall
- Canon Selphy CP1300
- Kodak Photo Printer Dock
- Fujifilm Instax SHARE SP-2
If you are in the market for a printer for your smartphone, here is a list of a few of the best printers to help you with your hunt:
The Best Photo Printers For Portability
Most people want a smartphone-compatible printer so they can take it on trips with them. Here are a few of the best portable printers:
HP Sprocket Photo Printer
The HP Sprocket Photo Printer is the most popular portable photo printer. It is lightweight and small, so it is easy to carry everywhere with you.
Compared to other portable printers, the Sprocket is the best looking. With multiple designs and colors and a wristband for easier carry, so you can choose which printer best matches your style. The Sprocket also has LED lights that tell you its battery level, and you can recharge it with a micro-USB cable.
To print with the HP Sprocket, you will need a specific paper. The Sprocket doesn’t use any ink, like a normal printer. It actually uses a zero-ink paper, called Zink. However, only the HP Sprocket brand Zink paper is compatible with this printer.
Even though you may need special paper for this printer, its accessibility, and portability makes it one of the best photo printers to use with a phone. The only drawback is you need to use special photo paper.
- Small: The HP Sprocket is about the size of your average smartphone, which is easy to carry in your bag or pocket.
- Lightweight: This photo printer only weighs about six ounces, making easy to carry with you anywhere
- All Smartphones Compatible: All smartphones, iPhone and Android, are compatible with the HP Sprocket.
- Reasonably Priced: The HP Sprocket is reasonably priced for what if offers, retailing at around $100.
- Paper: You can’t just use any printing paper with the Sprocket Photo Printer. You have to use the HP Sprocket-specific paper.
Polaroid Mint Photo Printer
The Polaroid Mint is made by the instant-print camera kings themselves: Polaroid. It is small and sleek, making it incredibly portable and easy to carry. You can print your photos via Wifi with the Polaroid Mint’s Wifi connectivity.
With the Polaroid Mint, you can print photos straight from your camera or even straight from social media.
You can also upload your photos to the Polaroid app, which allows you to customize your photos with filters and frames before printing.
Polaroid also offers another version of the Mint, which is a camera and a printer. However, this version lacks good camera quality compared to a smartphone.
While it is a great reimagined product of the original Polaroid camera, the printer version of the Mint is the better product.
The Polaroid Mint is on the affordable side of the portable printer spectrum, retailing for about $100, but all of the features are still great.
One of the best photo printers if you are looking for a lower-cost option. While we couldn’t rate it as one of the best photo printers, it’s still an affordable option if you don’t need the best quality images.
- Long Battery: The Polaroid Mint has a long battery life and can be charged with a USB port.
- Sleek Design: The Mint’s sleek design makes it the best portable option because it can fit almost anywhere.
- Customizability: You can upload your photos to the Polaroid app to customize them before printing.
Kodak Mini 2 Instant Photo Printer
The Kodak Mini 2 is another great portable photo printer option. It is small, simple, and able to get the job done. This printer connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth and the Kodak app, which makes it easy to print even straight from your camera.
Compared to some of the other portable smartphone printers, the Kodak Mini 2 has better printing quality, producing the best photos. However, because of its size, it only prints 2×3 photos, which make great little mementos.
Also compared to some of the other printers, the Kodak Mini 2 was slower at printing the photos. Some previous users have also reported that the Kodak app crashes before it even finishes printing.
Unlike the other portable printer options, the Kodak Mini 2 doesn’t use Zink paper. Instead, it uses a small dye sublimation ribbon cartridge, which is similar to a normal printer ink cartridge but smaller to be portable.
- Pocket-Sized: The Kodak Mini 2 is pocket-sized, making it the smallest option for a portable smartphone printer
- Great Picture Quality: This mini portable printer produces one of the best picture qualities in the market.
- Ink: The Kodak Mini 2 requires an ink cartridge, which will have to be replaced after a number of photos are printed.
- Slow: the Kodak Mini 2 has a slower printing speed, compared to some of the other portable printers.
The Best Photo Printers For Low Cost
Whether or not you are looking for a smartphone printer with all of the amenities or if you are just looking to quickly print a photo, you should expect to spend some money.
However, if you’re not looking for a fancy expensive smartphone printer, then here are a few affordable options, so you don’t have to break the bank:
Prynt Pocket Photo Printer
Retailing for about $60, the Prynt Pocket is the most popular of the cheaper smartphone printers. For the price point, the Prynt Pocket still produces great photo quality. While not one of the best photo printers due to its lack of versatility it is still a good option for iPhone users.
The Prynt Pocket connects to your iPhone through its charging port, which makes it super easy to print. Other printers you have to go through an app or connect to it with Bluetooth. However, with the Prynt Pocket, all you have to do is plug it into your phone.
The Prynt Pocket also uses Zink paper to print your photos. But like every other printer, you can only use the paper specific to that brand.
You can also adjust the size of the Prynt Pocket to fit any iPhone with the newer charging port. The printer has sliding panels, which can be moved around to fit around your iPhone.
Unfortunately, the biggest downside to this smartphone printer is that it is only compatible with iPhones as of right now. However, the company is planning on launching a version that is compatible with Androids soon.
- Inexpensive: Compared to most other smartphone printers, the Prynt Pocket only costs about half the price.
- Easy to Use: This printer is extremely easy to use; all you have to do is just plug it into your phone.
- Fits All iPhones: the design of the Prynt Pocket allows you to change the size of it to fit around any iPhone.
- Only Compatible With iPhones: As of right now, the Prynt Pocket is only compatible with iPhones and not any other smartphone.
Kodak P300R Phone Printer
If you aren’t looking to spend over $100 on a smartphone printer and still want great photos, then the Kodak P300R is the printer for you. This printer is simple, easy to use, and gets your photos to you quickly.
The Kodak P3000R is one of the fastest of the cheaper smartphone printers. In fact, it can print out your photos to you in under a minute. However, it can only print out photos wallet-sized.
Unlike some other low-cost smartphone printers, the Kodak P3000R is actually compatible with both iPhones and Androids. To connect your phone to the printer, you have to connect it to its Wifi signal and use the Kodak Printer App.
The Kodak P3000R doesn’t have all of the bells and whistles of some of the other printers. However, it does get the job done quickly, and your photos come out looking great. One of the best photo printers if you are on a budget and is versatile enough to use with both Android and iPhone
- Fast: The Kodak P3000R will print out your photos to you in under a minute.
- Portable: This printer is pocketable and easy to travel with.
- Compatible With All Smartphones: The Kodak P3000R is compatible with both iPhones and Androids.
- Limited Size: The Kodak P3000R will only print out photos wallet-sized.
Polaroid ZIP Instant Photo Printer
The Polaroid ZIP Instant Photo Printer is another inexpensive smartphone printer that you can find in stores. This printer is compact, making it the ideal inexpensive portable smartphone printer.
Just like with the Polaroid Mint, you have to use the Polaroid Printer app to print your photos. But this app also gives you the ability to customize your photos with filters and frames before you print.
The Polaroid ZIP Instant Photoprinter also uses Zink paper that’s specific to the Polaroid instead of ink cartridges, which gives it that unique Polaroid look.
Despite all of these qualities, some users have reported that the Polaroid app stalls and crashes, leaving them unable to print their photos. However, when it does work, it takes less than a minute to print.
This smartphone printer retails for only $100, so it’s not surprising that there are a few glitches. We can’t rate this one as one of the best photo printers due to its glitchy nature.
- Portable: The compact size of this printer allows it to be portable.
- Customizable: With the use of the Polaroid Printer app, you can customize your photos before printing them.
- Glitches: The Polaroid Printer app needed to print the photos often crashes or stalls.
The Best Photo Printers Overall
If you’re looking for the very best smartphone printer, be prepared to spend a bit of cash on one. Here are a couple of the best high-end smartphone printers on the market:
Canon Selphy CP1300 Phone Printer
The Canon Selphy CP1300 allows you to print full-sized photos with a smaller device. The Selphy supports all types of smartphones, iPhones, and Androids alike. It also offers Wifi connectivity, so you can ditch the wires.
The Canon Selphy is larger than the other portable printers, which doesn’t make it ideal for traveling. However, it is not as large as a regular printer, so you don’t have to worry about it taking up too much space in your home.
Unfortunately, the Selphy is not wireless and has to be plugged into a power source, which is another reason why it is not the best portable printer.
In order to print to the Selphy through a smartphone, the user has to have the Canon Print App, free on your phone’s app stores. You can also use a USB cord or an SD card to print photos, so you can also print straight from your camera.
This printer is one of the highest-rated among all the printers we reviewed so it definitely is one of the best photo printers for a phone avalable.
The Canon Selphy CP1300 retails for about $159, a pretty reasonable price for a high-end printer like this one.
Despite its size and battery, the Canon Selphy CP1300 is a great smartphone printer for your home.
- 4 x 6 Photos: The Selphy can print full postcard-sized photos straight from your phone.
- Wifi Connectivity: You can print your photos via Wifi by using the Canon Print app.
- Multiple Printing Sizes: When printing, you choose the size you want the photo to be printed through the Canon Print app.
- No Rechargeable Battery: you have to plug the printer into a power source in order for it to be used.
Kodak Photo Printer Dock
The Kodak Printer Dock is another higher-end printer for your smartphone. This printer will not disappoint with its impressive photo quality and accessibility. Like most other smartphone printers, you’ll have to use a compatible app and Wifi to print your photos, but you can also use a USB to connect other devices.
Similarly to the Canon Selphy 1300, the Kodak Printer Dock is a larger printer, so it is not portable. However, the larger size of the device allows for bigger photos, unlike a portable printer which will only print smaller sizes.
Compared to other smartphone photo printers, high-end or not, the Kodak Printer Dock produces high-quality photos. Just like the Kodak Mini 2, Kodak proves once again that they have the best photo printers.
The Kodak Printer Dock retails for about $140, a little more expensive than other smartphone printers, but worth it for the photo quality. One of the best photo printers we reviewed with very high-quality images. highly recommended.
- Easy to Use: Because you can use your phone to control how you print, this printer is easy to use.
- Quality: The Kodak Photo Printer Dock prints high-quality photos
- Accessibility: Aside from being able to print from your phone, you can also print from other devices, such as a camera, via a USB cord, making it a versatile device.
- Slow Print: Similarly to the Kodak Mini 2, the Kodak Photo Printer Dock also has a slow print time.
Fujifilm Instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-3
The Fujifilm Instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-3 is one of the better high-end printers. It is one of the fastest smartphone printers on the market. It can print a photo with great quality within 10 seconds.
In contrast to the other high-end printers, the Fujifilm Instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-3 is actually portable. It’s smaller, so you can pack it with you while you are on the go.
For this printer, you’ll need Fujifilm Instax film to print your photos, unlike the other printers which need ink cartridges or Zink paper.
The Fujifilm Instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-3 also has tons of great features: LED lights that indicate battery percentage and how far along your photo is in the printing process, a reprint button, and an accessible latch to load in the printing paper.
This printer retails for about $150, and you won’t get better quality photos for that price. Unfortunately, this printer only prints wallet-sized photos, so some people may think that $150 is too much to spend on that small of a photo. A superb printer but with a limited print size. it would rate as one of the very best phone printers if it wasn’t for this limitation.
- Fast: The Fujifilm Instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2 prints photos within 10 seconds
- Small: This printer is portable, so you can have a great printer on the go.
- Accessibility: This printer features LED lights that indicate battery percentage and printing process, a reprint button, and easy access to load the paper.
- Small-sized Photos: This printer only prints wallet-sized photos
Best Photo Printers Considerations
If you’re still stuck on how to choose the best photo printer, here are a few things to consider when buying a great phone printer:
For the amount of money that they spend on these printers, people will want the best quality. If you’re looking for the absolute best quality images, then you should invest in a higher-end printer. However, if you just want a quick print of a photo and quality doesn’t matter, then it is safe to go with a less expensive printer.
Not all phone printers are compatible with all smartphones. If you have multiple kinds of smartphones in your household, you may want to invest in a printer that can support both iPhones and Androids.
You should also consider how the printers connect to your phone. If you are going on a trip where you will have limited Wifi and unable to connect to Bluetooth, you may want to consider something, like the Prynt Pocket, where you just have to plug it into your phone to connect to it.
A printer for your smartphone is a great gadget to have, especially if you love having physical photos in addition to digital ones. However, some people may not want to spend a lot of money on one. There are some low-cost options for smartphone printers, such as the Prynt Pocket, that gets the job done for cheaper. They also make great gifts.
There are many options to consider before selecting one of the best photo printers from our selection. Hopefully, this guide helps you to pick out the printer for your needs.